Friday, February 18, 2011


January 17, 2011

Hello family & friends,

As you know I am in Belize and partnering with a Maya family. We own land together and are working to develop a guest lodge and farm to provide food & income for them and their extended family. Because there was a need for a church in the local community, the villagers and my family have built a beautiful open air church on our land. This weekend we will host Mayans from 30 or so villages from the Toledo District of Belize and across the border in Guatemala. They will come for a 3 day celebration of worship, music and fellowship...there may be up to 100 people.

I am writing with a request for help. Many of the people are traveling far to come and worship. We are preparing for their arrival. Everyone who is attending is bringing something to contribute...a sack of corn or sugar...beans...rice...even though they have very little with which to feed their families. We would like to purchase a cow ($500US) to feed the people who will be coming. The men have been chopping firewood, cutting waha leaves used to wrap the tamales, and walking long distances with heavy loads on their backs. The women will be making tortillas night and day and cooking over the fire.

We are believing that God will supply our need. If you are so inspired to help us it would be a huge blessing if you could wire, through Western Union, $10 or $20 or whatever you can do. I have wired money to my family here and it is easy. Just go to Hannaford (in Maine) or your local supermarket and fill out the Western Union form and select "Money in Minutes" and you can send it to me in Punta Gorda, Belize. You will then receive a 10 digit number that I will need in order to pick up the money which you can either send to me via e-mail or text 207-749-9310.

There is need all over the world, even in our own backyard in Maine, so I understand that you may not be in a position to give. Please lift these people in prayer and I know God will be faithful to meet our needs. I really don't know what else I can do other than put this request out there...

So, warm and happy greetings from Belize...and blessings to you all!!

Love & Joy!!

Brenda Bonita

No comments:

Post a Comment